Last month marked the beginning of what will be a remarkable intergenerational project between my Stetson Shutterbugs and participants at NewCourtland Senior Center in Germantown. This 10-week project will pair each of my students with a senior at the center in a photography-based collaboration whose results will be based on a process of investigation, appreciation, and mutual respect by the participants. This project was made possible by a fellowship from The Center for Emerging Visual Artists (CFEVA) and NewCourtland. Much more to come!
Past New Items
- What Are You Doing?The picture is of my now 17 year old sister and her friend, who's names I'll keep unknown. My older sister was joking around acting like she was going to gobble up the cake, while her friend had the "what are you doing" pose. I personally thought it was funny so I snapped a photo. […]
- 7th BirthdayHello Internet I'm K.C. This picture is about my little sister on her 7th birthday. My first reason for taking this picture is that she posed for a different camera but I thought it was a bit funny how she was posing and acting fierce, but the second and best reason is that I will never get to see her like that again. She may pose like this again but ne […]
- Trying to be like LebronI took this picture because I thought that it was funny because my brother was trying to spin the ball on his finger while we were walking. When I took this picture, it was dark outside and we were coming back from the supermarket. I thought this would be a good picture because my brother is trying to learn something new but it looks like he is going to drop […]
- Spring is Near!...?I took this picture because it made me wonder where the kid is and it reminded me of spring. Where is spring? I say that because there is a bike and there is melted snow. It also made me think about snow days and how people go outside with their dirt bikes and four wheelers and they ride in the snow. Look at how bright the snow is compared to the bike and ev […]
- The Mysterious PersonI took this picture because this is a woman who is always out on the streets begging for money for drugs and alcohol especially in front of Family Dollar. On this day, it was raining outside and she had the umbrella covering her body. I took this picture because it was cool that she was covering her face from the rain so you can't tell if it is a man or […]
- What Are You Doing?
- LINA MARÍA QUINTERO FORERO.Taller de fotografía DESEARTE PAZ-2016. BucaramangaEn busetaAl aire libre […]
- GLORIA INES CARDENAS OVIEDO. Taller de fotografía DESEARTE PAZ-2016. BucaramangaBasta una mirada desprevenida hacia la inmensidad del firmamento, para conseguir una entrada en el sensible sentido del cielo, de la tierra, del agua, del murmullo y de los mismos silencios, para encontrar una fuente inagotable de inspiración artística.Árbol. Sede recreacional CATAY La naturaleza nos ofrece majestuosos paisajes llenos de color, textura y m […]
- DIANA MARCELA GÓMEZ MENESES. Taller de fotografía DESEARTE PAZ-2016. Bucaramanga“Se ve solo con el corazón, lo esencial es invisible para los ojos.” A.de Saint Exupery“El elemento más importante en una fotografía no puede ser definido.” Auguste Renoir […]
- LAURA VANESSA L. GAMBOA. Taller de fotografía DESEARTE PAZ-2016. Bucaramanga¿Qué hay más hermoso que la luz? Aquello que es más hermoso que la luz es la oscuridad pero esto solo sucede porque en ella es más fácil apreciar las estrellas. En esta fotografía lo bello no es el cielo azul que cubre nuestro planeta y lo feo no es aquel árbol sin vida que alberga aves de rapiña, tampoco es lo contrario y ninguna apreciación llegaría a ser […]
- KAREN LORENA PEREIRA GRIMALDO.Taller de fotografía DESEARTE PAZ-2016. BucaramangaTitulo: ANHELOTras otorgarse lo intocable sujeta fuertemente lo que no desea que escape en su afán de conservar lo que con dificultad se puede alcanzar.Titulo: EL DUELOCada paso es una decisión que encadena diferentes posibilidades, derrotar tu oponente dependerá de tomar la decisión correcta. […]
- LINA MARÍA QUINTERO FORERO.Taller de fotografía DESEARTE PAZ-2016. Bucaramanga